Skellerup's branded milking liner range is designed to specifically match cow herds to the many different configurations of milking equipment represented on New Zealand dairy farms. The optimum milking liners can make a big difference to milk yield and cow comfort. All Skellerup VacPlus and Reflex liners are made from the highest quality materials and meet the New Zealand Food Standards Authority (NZFSA) regulations.
The milking liner has the greatest impact on milking efficiency, hygiene and cow comfort, more than any other milking machine component. Changing your liners every 2500 milkings can prevent potential grading.
Changing your milking liners every 2500 milkings will provide you with the following benefits.
Shorter milking time - Milking times tend to increase during the season to a peak around November when maximum yield is achieved, changing liners provides a quicker milk-out, less energy is used in the plant and there is less stress on cows & more time for them to be feeding.
Reduced cup-slip - The causes of cup-slip are varied & not always the fault of milking liners, however worn liners can significantly contribute to slippage. Less cup-slip can lead to savings in animal health costs (less teat / udder-health issues), energy savings from shorter milking times & less stress on cows.
Lower somatic cell count - Changing your liners during peak SCC times (after calving & toward the end of lactation) may assist in reducing your SCC. General teat & udder health may be also improved. New rubberware (with less cracks) means less risk of bacteria entering the milk that can cause potential grading.
Increased yield - The volume / weight of milk solids harvested from cows will increase through more complete milking-out of cow's udders & also quicker average milking time, this allows the cows more time to feed and to produce more milk.
8 Ways To Get The Best Out Of Your Liner
- Make sure the liner tailpiece is the right size for your claw
- Check the claws for sharp edges. Sharp claws may cause impact damage on the short milk tube. Use emery paper to take off any sharp edges.
- Always remove the liner from the jetters after cleaning, otherwise you'll get mouthpiece distortion. (It also lets air circulate through the system.)
- When fitting the liner in the shell, ensure the indicator markers are aligned so the liner isn’t twisted in the barrel.
- Clean with approved chemicals as per manufacturers’ instructions and use water at the recommended temperature. Cold water does not remove the butterfat!
- Release the liner tension in the shell at the end of the season if the liners 2,500 milkings are not up.
- The sun and ozone has an effect on rubber, protect your liners as much as possible.
- REMEMBER: Change your liners after 2,500 milkings
Features & Benefits
- Square barrel design improves air-flow around cows' teats.
- Shut-off ring in tail-piece maintains plant vacuum at 'cups on' time.
- Cone shaped 'bumper' section resists impact damage/splitting.
- Available in small tail and large tail.
- Anti-slip milking liners for maximum milking efficiency.
To maximise your milking efficiency, ask your rural retailer about VacPlus Square today.
Teat Size & Liner Mouth Piece - As a rule a 21mm liner mouth piece fits small teats and 22mm for medium and 23mm for large sized teats.
“We noticed our production went up by 500 Litres in the first few days of fitting the new liners so we would recommend them”
Richard Taylor, Sharemilker Fielding
“There has been a major improvement in cup-slip since we fitted the new Square Liners, they really do work”
Wade and Renee Roycroft, Te Awamutu
If you know your current milking liner use our handy Liner to Liner Conversion calculator to convert to the correct Reflex or VacPlus Square liner.
If your current milking liner is not listed here please contact us on email@example.com.
Best Liner for the Herd & Plant
If you don’t know your current milking liner use our handy Liner to Herd & Plant Conversion calculator to convert to the correct Reflex or VacPlus Square liner.
If ‘No Match’ shows, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
All Skellerup Dairy Products that come into contact with milk are Food Grade Compliant